IN VITRO FERTILISATION IS A MAJOR METHOD OF ASSISTED REPRODUCTIVE TECHNOLOGY IN WHICH EGGS CELLS ARE FERTILISED BY SPERM OUTSIDE THE BODY.
IN VITRO FERTILIZATION OR IVF IS A TECHNOLOGY IN WHICH EGGS CELLS ARE FERTILIZED BY SPERM OUTSIDE THE BODY. Eggs removed from the woman’s ovaries after hormonal stimulation are fertilized by washed sperm – spermatozoa removed from the other components of seminal fluid. The egg and sperm are combined in a fluid medium inside a special cultivation dish in an incubator.
In Vitro Fertilization is recommended when sperm quality is within the norm. The most important factor is the shape of the sperm. If the spermogram results show abnormalities, ICSI is recommended to choose the best sperm to fertilise the egg, thereby minimising the risk of an unhealthy embryo.
IVF PROCESS AT REPROGENESIS
- The first step is filling in a questionnaire in order to provide relevant information about your medical history.
- Based on information provided and consultation with a specialist, the most suitable treatment method will be determined.
- Secondly, a series of tests will be conducted: hormonal profile, STD tests and sperms analysis.
IVF CYCLE INCLUDES:
- Treatment protocol
- Sperm analysis on the day of eggs fertilization
- Eggs retrieval
- General anaesthesia
- Fertilization of mature oocytes via ICSI
- Extended embryo cultivation
- Assisted hatching
- Embryo transfer
IVF CYCLE WITH DONATED EGGS INCLUDES:
- Consultation – the most suitable donor is chosen from our extensive donor database. We are able to locate a near-perfect match of your physical features, character traits, hobbies and interests etc. (as well as height, hair and eye colour, blood type and Rh factor). All of our sperm donors are tested for mental diseases, genetic and hormonal disorders as well as infectious diseases including HIV.
- Treatment protocol
- Partner’s sperm analysis on the day of eggs fertilization
- Stimulating medications for the donor, monitoring of the donor’s IVF cycle, donor’s oocyte retrieval
- Fertilization of all mature eggs via ICSI
- Extended embryo cultivation, assisted hatching and embryo transfer
- Ultrasound exam of the recipient
- Donor’s compensation
The embryos are cultivated for five days. The embryo transfer is always on day 5 of the cultivation in comparison to other clinics when embryo transfer is on day 2 or 3. On day 5, the embryos are at the blastocyst stage which is the best stage for implantation in the uterus. This increases the chances of a successful pregnancy. The day 5 embryo transfers will go ahead regardless of the weekend or holidays.
- You receive daily information about your embryos development and get a DVD record – from the egg fertilisation stage until the five-day embryo.
- Embryo monitoring can increase chance of pregnancy by more than 10% and reduce the risk of miscarriage to less than 6%.
The cost of IVF is significantly lower in the Czech Republic than in other countries. At ReproGenesis, we offer premium quality service at prices twice lower than in the United Kingdom or the United States. However, IVF price is individual and dependent on personal requirements and medication needed. For more information on prices, please go to our price calculator or contacts us at email@example.com.
IVF SUCCESS RATES
Thanks to our professional care, advanced methods and state-of-the-art equipment, our clinic achieves up to 68% IVF success rate. More than 3 000 healthy children have already been born at ReproGenesis. For more information see our results.
IVF FOR WOMEN OVER 40
Women of advanced age are welcome at our clinic. We are specialised in treatment of women over 40. The legal age of artificial insemination is 49 in the Czech Republic.