INTRACYTOPLASMIC SPERM INJECTION OR ICSI IS A MICROMANIPULATION PROCEDURE THAT INVOLVES THE CAREFUL SELECTION OF HIGH-QUALITY WELL-FORMED SPERM WITH GOOD MOTILITY.
USING A MICROSCOPE, A MICRO-PIPETTE FIRST IMMOBILISES A SINGLE SPERM BY CUTTING ITS TAIL WITH ITS POINT. THE SPERMATOZOA IS THEN INJECTED INTO THE EGG CYTOPLASM.
When sperm concentration and motility are low and sperm are not well-formed, ICSI might be the only available procedure to fertilize an egg.
ICSI PROCESS AT REPROGENESIS
- The first step is filling in a questionnaire in order to provide relevant information about your medical history.
- Based on information provided and consultation with a specialist, the most suitable treatment method is determined.
- Secondly, a series of tests will be conducted: hormonal profile, STD tests and sperms analysis, blood type and Rh factor.
If ICSI is required with either donated eggs or sperm the most suitable donor is chosen from our extensive database. We are able to locate a near-perfect match of your physical features, character traits, hobbies, and interests etc. (as well as height, hair and eye colour, blood type and Rh factor). All of our sperm donors are tested for mental diseases, genetic and hormonal disorders as well as infectious diseases including HIV.
ICSI CYCLE INCLUDES:
- Treatment protocol
- Sperm analysis at the day of eggs fertilization
- Eggs retrieval
- General anaesthesia
- Fertilization of mature oocytes via ICSI
- Prolonged embryo cultivation
- Assisted hatching
- Embryo transfer
- Ultrasound exam
ICSI CYCLE WITH DONATED EGGS INCLUDES:
- Treatment protocol
- Partner’s sperm analysis at the day of donated eggs fertilization
- Stimulating medications for the donor, monitoring of the donor’s IVF cycle, donor’s oocyte retrieval
- Fertilization of all mature oocytes via ICSI
- Extended embryo cultivation, assisted hatching and embryo transfer
- Ultrasound exam of the recipient
- Donor’s compensation
The embryos are cultivated for five days. The embryo transfer is always on day 5 of the cultivation in comparison to other clinics when embryo transfer is on day 2 or 3. On day 5, the embryos are at the blastocyst stage which is the best stage for implantation in the uterus. This increases the chances of a successful pregnancy. The day 5 embryo transfers will go ahead regardless of the weekend or holidays.