- 25. 8. 2017
- Reproductive health
What makes your country stand out from other medical destinations?
It definitely is the very high standard of treatment. The Czech Republic and especially Brno town (which is called the “cradle of assisted reproduction” ) lay claim to the place where the first baby was born from IVF treatment in Europe. The Czech Republic is in the heart of Europe and is very easily accessible by all modes of transport. As a bonus, couples coming for treatment here can experience and enjoy great history and amazing culture.
What are the standards of treatment in your country?
The Czech Republic is well known for its great medical experts and minds in many fields of medicine, IVF especially. Fertility clinics in the Czech Republic are popular because of high fertilisation rates of treatment, modern equipment and relaxed non-hospital environment. That is why more and more patients from all over the world are seeking medical help in our country.
What is the IVF law and legislation in Czech Republic?
- IVF treatment is available only to couples not individuals
- A woman’s age on the day of embryo transfer may not exceed 48 years + 364 days
- An infertile couple must be of different sexes
- Artificial insemination can not be used for sex selection
- Donation is anonymous
- Surrogacy – the clinic is responsible for the treatment itself only; there is no obligation to provide surrogate mothers, nor have any involvement in the relationship between the genetic parents and the surrogate
Do patients expect treatment to be led in their native language?
Yes, they do.
In which languages do you offer treatment to international patients?
English, German, Italian, French, Hungarian, Romanian, Polish, Russian, Czech and Slovak.
Which services/procedures do patients most frequently use in your clinic?
How long do patients need to wait for donor eggs?
Thanks to our most extensive database of donors in Czech Republic there is no long waiting list at our clinic.
What criteria do patients use to choose treatment in Czech Republic as opposed to other countries?
Price and success rates are the main criteria for choosing treatment here. It is a sad fact that fertility treatments in many countries are overpriced. The Czech Republic offers a high standard of quality treatment and high success rates at prices lower than in other countries. Success rates are a result of specialised teams of experts and modern equipment.
Do you treat women over 40?
Specialising and treating women over 40 is actually an extension of our egg donor treatment program. In the case of older women travelling from abroad, we realise that patients may already have had a difficult journey in deciding to opt for donor egg treatment. We want to acknowledge this and ensure that these patients are given a truly first class personal service.
Our Chief Physician, Doctor Marcel Štelcl, explains: “We appreciate the difficult journey that some of our patients have taken and we do our best to ensure that once they arrive at ReproGenesis we will make their treatment as stress-free as possible. Our staff are trained to ensure that we can offer all types of advice and help that our international patients require. Teamwork is so important to us and it is this above all else which means that our egg donation results are consistently high year after year”.
Do you also provide IVF coordinators?
Yes, we do. A personal coordinator takes care of our patients during the entire stay of their treatment. As well as supervising your treatment plan, they also help with travel issues, accommodation, orientation in the city and related issues.
How about travel arrangements for clients from abroad, specifically for those travelling from overseas?
Our coordinator provides clients with detailed information about travel options from their country to our clinic. They also can assist with choosing appropriate accommodation for clients´ based on their preferences (our clinic has wide range of contracted places with special ReproGenesis´ prices to choose from). Brno has its own airport, and other airports closest are in Vienna, Bratislava, and Prague. Pick up from the airport can be also arranged.
WHAT IS THE OFFICIAL LICENCE TO PRACTICE IVF TREATMENT AT YOUR CLINIC?
The clinic has ISO accreditation: MANAGEMENT SYSTEM CERTIFICATE ČSN EN ISO 9001:2016 as well as being licensed by SUKL – the highest state body authorised for auditing clinics according to IVF European standards. We are inspected regularly by the State Institute for Drug Control in the Czech Republic in order to retain our licence to practise fertility treatment.
And finally - why should couples seeking infertility treatment should choose ReproGenesis?
Individuality, professionalism and long experience in assisted reproduction is what defines ReproGenesis. The philosophy at ReproGenesis is simple: empathy, understanding and a strong desire to help. Former patients vouch for the fact we do our very best to make clients experience as stress-free and comfortable as possible. Furthermore, we were awarded by Customer Service Award 2015, 2016 by Whatclinic.com for 5 Star Treatment. Also we were awarded with certificates of Treatment transparency by EggDonorWorld and Where IVF.
WE BELIEVE THAT REPROGENESIS IS ONE OF THE TOP IVF CENTRES IN EUROPE. OUR GOALS ARE TO NOT ONLY CONTINUE MAINTAINING OUR HIGH STANDARDS OF CARE AND SUCCESS BUT TO BETTER THEM AS WELL. OUR SUCCESS RATES ARE OUTSTANDING AND CONSISTENT YEAR ON YEAR. THIS IS A RESULT OF A GREAT TEAM OF PROFESSIONALS TOGETHER WITH AN EXCELLENT EQUIPMENT AND TECHNOLOGY. WE MANAGE THE MOST ADVANCED DONOR DATABASE IN THE CZECH REPUBLIC. WE ARE ABLE TO LOCATE THE BEST MATCH FOR COUPLES WHO NEED EGG, SPERM OR EMBRYO DONATION TREATMENT.
LET US HELP YOU, WE DO KNOW HOW.
Laws regulating IVF treatment in the Czech Republic
- Codifying Act 285/2002 about the donation, retrivals and transplantation of tissues and organs, and amending certain acts (Transplantation Act), as modified by related laws
- Codifying Act 296/2008 about ensuring the quality and safety of human tissues and cells intended for human use and modified by related laws
- State promulgation 422/2008 about stating detailed requirements for ensuring the quality and safety of human tissues and cells intended for human applications
- Codifying Act 373/2011 about specific health services
- State promulgation 339, amending Codifying Act 422 / 2008 about stating detailed requirements for determining the quality and safety of human tissues and cells intended for human applications (the distribution of tissues and cells)
Laws regulating the donation of eggs in the Czech Republic
- Donation is anonymous in Czech Republic and donor requirements are accurately described by the law:
- Codifying Act 285/2002 The donation, retrivals and transplantation of tissues and organs, and amending certain acts (Transplantation Act), as modified by related laws.
- Codifying Act 296/2008 about ensuring the quality and safety of human tissues and cells intended for human use and modified by related laws.
- State promulgation 422/2008 about the stating detailed requirements for ensuring the quality and safety of human tissues and cells intended for human applications.